Currently, Engineering Manager in the Messenger & Instagram Direct Integrity Team. Keeping 2 billion monthly active users safe via detection, remediation and prevention of harm on our messaging platforms – Messenger and Instagram Direct.
Previously., Head of Software Development at Tesco. Heading the Payments, Fraud and Loss Prevention Engineering teams. Responsible for ensuring payments from all Tesco stores, web and mobile apps are securely authorized on-time, and then settled, reconciled, banked, fraud protected, and losses minimized. Transform legacy and Mainframe solutions to shiny new strategic tech stack both On-Prem and on the Cloud, using Java, .NET, Cassandra, Kafka. Drive towards full PCI compliance and state-of-the-art security measures.
I have a M.Sc in Software Engineering from University of Oxford, with a distinction award in Thesis. I was born in Dhaka.
What have I been up to:
- 11 times Microsoft MVP Award winner.
- 4 times CodeProject MVP award winner.
- 7 Best Article awards from CodeProject.
- 7 hard earned lessons from a Single Page Application: http://bit.ly/11AQOAI
- 10 IT Admin skills every .NET Developer should have at London .NET User Group: http://bit.ly/11ORBgh
- Talk on Droptiles at London AJAX User Group: http://bit.ly/11pyWfr
- Production Challeges of ASP.NET Website – LIDNUG: http://bit.ly/15nhIgv
- MVP Open day at Cambridge University: http://bit.ly/11Q15J0
Open Source Projects
- Droptiles: Metro style Live Tiles enabled Web 2.0 Dashboard: http://droptiles.com
- Codeuml–design UML diagrams as fast as you can code: http://codeuml.com
- Dropthings: Widget powered Personalizable Portal – iGoogle look-a-like: http://dropthings.omaralzabir.com/
- Plant UML Editor: https://code.google.com/p/plantumleditor/
- Ensure – on demand html, js, css loading: http://ensure.codeplex.com/
- Creating MS Office style architecture for your .NET applications: http://bit.ly/11Q3BiB
- StickOut: A Desktop Sticky Notes Application in the .NET Framework 2.0: http://bit.ly/12dGX2q